Trump was inaugurated on the 20th January 2017. His first months as President have been chaotic and have been featured across the world press almost every day with new controversies.
- Allegations of Russian connections and potential collaboration and hacking to influence of the 2016 US Presidential election – The FBI are currently investigating
- Tirades against the the media, with accusations of “fake news”
- Failure to push through his repeal and replacement of Obamacare as House speaker Paul Ryan indefinately postpones the first major congressional vote
- Accuses Barack Obama of wiretapping him during the 2016 US Presidential Election
- Not been able to put in place his Muslim Ban (Executive Orders 13769 and 13780 have been blocked by the legal system)
- A shift to more proactive foreign policy such as the bombing of a Syrian air base, after chemical weapons attack on the 4th April and statements that indicate that he is ready to attack North Korea
Current Gallop polling shows that 40 per cent of Americans give a positive approval rating of the way that Trump is performing and 55 per cent disapprove.
Trump made numerous statements throughout the US Presidential campaign in 2016, since becoming President, Trump has in many instances changed his opinion:
|Candidate Trump||President Trump|
|Lock Hillary Clinton up||She’s been through enough|
|Replace Obamacare||Obamacare can stay|
|China is a currency manipulator||China is not a currency manipulator|
|Assad should stay||Assad should go|
|Nato is obsolete||Nato is indispensible|
For more detail, see the following: