Jared Kushner, Donald Trump’s son-in-law has defended his actions during Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign, after giving evidence to a Senate Intelligence Committee investigating Russian interference in the election.
“The record and documents I have voluntarily provided will show that all of my actions were proper and occurred in the normal course of events of a very unique campaign,” Kushner said outside the White House.
“Let me be very clear: I did not collude with Russia, nor do I know of anyone else in the campaign who did so. I had no improper contacts. I have not relied on Russian funds for my businesses. And I have been fully transparent in providing all requested information.”
Kushner is a senior adviser to the president and was in charge of the campaign’s digital strategy.
He is married to Mr Trump’s daughter, Ivanka.
Speaking at the White House after a closed-door session of the Senate Intelligence Committee, Kushner said he had been “fully transparent in providing all the requested information”.
In a statement to both congressional committees released before the Senate session on Monday, he said there were “hardly any” contacts with Russian representatives, adding later that there were “perhaps four”.
- Trump comments on Russia
- Christopher Steele dossier 2017/01/10
- Michael Flynn Resignation
- Trump asked Comey to shut down Flynn investigation
- Trump news conference 2017/02/16
- James Comey testimony 2017/03/20
- Sally Yates testimony 2017/05/08
- FBI director James Comey fired by Trump 2017/05/09
- Why did trump fire Comey
- Trump leaks classified information to the Russians 2017/05/18
- Kushner proposes back channel with Russians 2017/05/18
- James Comey testifies to Senate intelligence Committee 2017/06/08
- Trump probed for obstruction of justice 2017/06/15
- Donald Trump Jnr Issues Statement to NY Times regarding June 9 2016 Meeting with Russian Lawyer 2017/07/08
- Donald Trump Jnr admits he met Russian Lawyer
- Donald Trump Jnr releases email chain 2017/07/11
- Trump Attacks Sessions Over Recusal 2017/07/19
- Kushner testifies to Senate Intelligence Committee 2017/07/24
- Paul Manafort Meets With Senate Intelligence Committee 2017/07/25
- Trump Says Mueller’s Job Is Not ‘Safe’ 2017/07/25
- FBI Raids Manafort’s Home 2017/07/26
- White House Admits Trump ‘Weighed In’ on Don Jr.’s Misleading Statement 2017/08/01
- Robert Mueller Impanels Grand Jury in DC 2017/08/03
- Russian Lobbyist Testifies before Mueller’s Grand Jury 2017/08/11
- Mueller Subpoenas Grand Jury Witnesses in Manafort Probe 2017/08/25
- Facebook confirms that Russians paid for adverts 2017/09/06
- Donald Trump Jnr issues prepared remarks and appears in front of the Senate Intelligence committee 2017/09/07
- US government wiretapped Paul Manafort during 16 and 17 2017/09/17
- Mueller requests White House documents related to Trump’s actions as President 2017/09/20
- Russian-funded Facebook ads backed Stein, Sanders and Trump 2017/09/26
- Christopher Steele Talking to Senate Intelligence Committee 2017/10/06
- Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Joint Press Conference 2017/10/16
- Jeff Sessions appears in front of Senate Judiciary Committee 2017/10/18
- Trump furious at continuing Russian inestigation 2017/10/29
- Paul Manafort charged with conspiracy to launder money and George Papadopoulos plea bargain 2017/10/30