Donald trump is interviewed by The Wall Street Journal on July 25, the WSJ does not release the article but it becomes public on August 1, editor-in-chief Gerard Baker asks Trump if Robert Mueller’s job is safe.
WSJ: Just on Sessions, just one thing. Would you like to see him step aside? Would you like to see him resign? Would it be in the country’s best interest just –
TRUMP: I’m just very disappointed in him. I’m disappointed in, you know, a number of categories. I told you, the leakers. He should have – he should be after them. So many people say to me: Why are they going after you on nothing and they leave Hillary Clinton alone on, you know, really major things? And it is – so I’m disappointed in him. And don’t forget, when they say he endorsed me, I went to Alabama. I had 40,000 people, you may have been there, remember, in Mobile?
WSJ: I remember.
TRUMP: I had 40,000 people. He was the senator from Alabama. I won the state by a lot, massive numbers. A lot of the states I won by massive numbers. But he was a senator. He looks at 40,000 people and he probably says, what do I have to lose, and he endorsed me. So it’s not like a great, loyal thing about the endorsement. But I’m very disappointed in Jeff Sessions.
WSJ: Are you willing for the status quo to continue, though? At what point do you say enough?
TRUMP: I’m just looking at it. I’ll just see.
WSJ: What about Bob Mueller?
TRUMP: It’s a very important, very important thing.
WSJ: I mean, but, Bob Mueller is also really the one leading this investigation. It’s his job to see –
TRUMP: Well, we’re going to see.
GERARD BAKER: And he’s investigating Russia – your Russian connection –
WSJ: He’s the Russian guy. So Sessions has recused himself, but is Bob Mueller’s job safe? There is speculation –
TRUMP: No, we’re going to see. I mean, I have no comment yet, because it’s too early. But we’ll see. We’re going to see. Here’s the good news: I was never involved with Russia. There was nobody in the campaign. I’ve got 200 people that will say that they’ve never seen anybody on the campaign. Here’s another – he was involved early. There’s nobody on the campaign that saw anybody from Russia. We had nothing to do with Russia. They lost an election and they came up with this as an excuse. And the only ones that are laughing are the Democrats and the Russians. They’re the only ones that are laughing. And if Jeff Sessions didn’t recuse himself, we wouldn’t even be talking about this subject.
- Trump comments on Russia
- Christopher Steele dossier 2017/01/10
- Michael Flynn Resignation
- Trump asked Comey to shut down Flynn investigation
- Trump news conference 2017/02/16
- James Comey testimony 2017/03/20
- Sally Yates testimony 2017/05/08
- FBI director James Comey fired by Trump 2017/05/09
- Why did trump fire Comey
- Trump leaks classified information to the Russians 2017/05/18
- Kushner proposes back channel with Russians 2017/05/18
- James Comey testifies to Senate intelligence Committee 2017/06/08
- Trump probed for obstruction of justice 2017/06/15
- Donald Trump Jnr Issues Statement to NY Times regarding June 9 2016 Meeting with Russian Lawyer 2017/07/08
- Donald Trump Jnr admits he met Russian Lawyer
- Donald Trump Jnr releases email chain 2017/07/11
- Trump Attacks Sessions Over Recusal 2017/07/19
- Kushner testifies to Senate Intelligence Committee 2017/07/24
- Paul Manafort Meets With Senate Intelligence Committee 2017/07/25
- Trump Says Mueller’s Job Is Not ‘Safe’ 2017/07/25
- FBI Raids Manafort’s Home 2017/07/26
- White House Admits Trump ‘Weighed In’ on Don Jr.’s Misleading Statement 2017/08/01
- Robert Mueller Impanels Grand Jury in DC 2017/08/03
- Russian Lobbyist Testifies before Mueller’s Grand Jury 2017/08/11
- Mueller Subpoenas Grand Jury Witnesses in Manafort Probe 2017/08/25
- Facebook confirms that Russians paid for adverts 2017/09/06
- Donald Trump Jnr issues prepared remarks and appears in front of the Senate Intelligence committee 2017/09/07
- US government wiretapped Paul Manafort during 16 and 17 2017/09/17
- Mueller requests White House documents related to Trump’s actions as President 2017/09/20
- Russian-funded Facebook ads backed Stein, Sanders and Trump 2017/09/26
- Christopher Steele Talking to Senate Intelligence Committee 2017/10/06
- Trump and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell Joint Press Conference 2017/10/16
- Jeff Sessions appears in front of Senate Judiciary Committee 2017/10/18
- Trump furious at continuing Russian inestigation 2017/10/29
- Paul Manafort charged with conspiracy to launder money and George Papadopoulos plea bargain 2017/10/30