Who is Donald Trump Jnr?

[sgmb id=”2″]

Donald John Trump Jnr.  was born December 31, 1977. Trump Jnr is an American businessman and former reality TV personality. He is the oldest child of Donald Trump, and his first wife, Ivana.

Trump Jnr studied at Wharton Business School and received a B.S. degree in economics.

Trump Jnr appeared as a guest advisor and judge on many episodes of the Apprentice from 2006-2015.

Trump Jnr and Eric Trump run a trust which oversees Trump Organisation assets.

Who is Donald Trump Jnr - Trump Jnr is an American businessman and former reality TV personality.. Caricature and Cartoon APT

Donald Trump Jnr, met with Russian lawyer Natalia Veselnitskaya on June 9 2016 at Trump Tower in New York. He said in an initial statement that the meeting was about Russia halting adoptions of its children by US citizens. Then, he said it was regarding the Magnitsky Act, a US law blacklisting Russian human rights abusers. In a final statement, Trump Jnr released a chain of emails that revealed he took the meeting in hopes of getting incriminating information about Hillary Clinton’s alleged financial ties to Russia. Jared Kushner and Paul Manafort were also at the same meeting.

Donald Trump Jnr Issues Statement to NY Times regarding June 9 2016 Meeting with Russian Lawyer 2017/07/08

In his statement to the NY Times Trump Jnr stated:

“It was a short introductory meeting. I asked Jared and Paul to stop by. We primarily discussed a program about the adoption of Russian children that was active and popular with American families years ago and was since ended by the Russian government, but it was not a campaign issue at the time and there was no follow up.”

Donald Trump Jnr statement to the NY Times - It was not a campaign issue at the time and there was no follow up. Donald Trump Jnr caricature APT

He added: “I was asked to attend the meeting by an acquaintance, but was not told the name of the person I would be meeting with beforehand.”

Donald Trump Jnr admits he met Russian Lawyer 2017/07/09

It was reported on July 9th that during Donald Trump’s 2016 Presidential campaign Donald Trump Jr, agreed to meet with Natalia Veselnitskaya, a Russian lawyer after being promised damaging information about Hillary Clinton. Paul Manafort, Trump’s campaign manager at the time, and Jared Kushner also attended the meeting.

“After pleasantries were exchanged, the woman stated that she had information that individuals connected to Russia were funding the Democratic National Committee and supporting Ms Clinton,” Donald Trump Jr is quoted as saying “Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. No details or supporting information was provided or even offered. It quickly became clear that she had no meaningful information.”

Donald Trump Jr quote about meeting with Natalia Veselnitskaya Her statements were vague, ambiguous and made no sense. Cairicature APT

Veselnitskaya, whose clients reportedly include Russian state-owned businesses, told the NY Times that “nothing at all about the presidential campaign” was discussed. She had “never acted on behalf of the Russian government” and “never discussed any of these matters with any representative of the Russian government.”

Donald Trump has always denied he had no knowledge of the meeting between Trump Jnr, Veselnitskaya, Manafort and Kushner, Trump did however hold a press conference on June 7 2016 after winning the primaries in California, Montana, New Jersey, New Mexico and South Dakota “I am going to give a major speech on probably Monday of next week and we’re going to be discussing all of the things that have taken place with the Clintons. I think you’re going to find it very informative and very, very interesting”

The date of June 7 2016 is very significant because it was four days after Rob Goldstone first approached Donald Trump Jnr and two days before the meeting between Trump Jnr, Manafort, Kushner and Veselnitskaya took place.

Timeline of Donald Trump Jnrs meeting with the Russians during Donald Trumps presidential bid. Donald Trump caricature APT

The major speech promised by Trump never materialized.

Donald Trump Jnr releases email chain 2017/07/11

Donald Trump Jr., agreed to meet with someone he believed to be a “Russian government attorney” last summer after receiving an email offering him “very high level and sensitive information” that would “incriminate” Hillary Clinton, according to emails Trump Jr has released.

White House deputy press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders read a statement Trump defending Donald Trump Jr

“My son is a high-quality person and I applaud his transparency.”

Donald Trump quote - My son is a high-quality person and I applaud his transparency. Caricature APT

On June 3 2016 at 10:36 AM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Good morning

Emin just called and asked me to contact you with something very interesting.

The Crown prosecutor of Russia met with his father Aras this morning and in their meeting offered to provide the Trump campaign with some official documents and information that would incriminate Hillary and her dealings with Russia and would be very useful to your father.

This is obviously very high level and sensitive information but is part of Russia and its government’s support for Mr. Trump – helped along by Aras and Emin.

What do you think is the best way to handle this information and would you be able to speak to Emin about it directly?

I can also send this info to your father via Rhona, but it is ultra sensitive so wanted to send to you first.

Best

Rob Goldstone

On June 3 2016, at 10:53, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Thanks Rob I appreciate that. I am on the road at the moment but perhaps I just speak to Emin first. Seems we have some time and if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Could we do a call first thing next week when I am back?

Best,

Don

Donald Trump Jr quote If it's what you say I love it especially later in the summer. Caricature APT

On June 6 2016, at 12:40 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Hi Don

Let me know when you are free to talk with Emin by phone about this Hillary info – you had mentioned early this week so wanted to try to schedule a time and day Best to you and family Rob Goldstone

On June 6 2016, at 15:03 PM, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Rob could we speak now?

D

On June 6 2016, at 15:37 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Let me track him down in Moscow

What number he could call?

On June 6 2016, at 15:38, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

My cell [REDACTED] thanks

d

On June 6 2016, at 15:43 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Ok he’s on stage in Moscow but should be off within 20 Minutes so I am sure can call Rob

On June 6 2016, at 16:38, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Rob thanks for the help.

D

On June 7 2016, at 16:20 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Don

Hope all is well

Emin asked that I schedule a meeting with you and The Russian government attorney who is flying over from Moscow for this Thursday.

I believe you are aware of the meeting – and so wondered if 3pm or later on Thursday works for you?

I assume it would be at your office.

Best

Rob Goldstone

On June 7 2016, at 17:16 PM, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

How about 3 at our offices? Thanks rob appreciate you helping set it up.

D

On June 7 2016, at 17:19 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Perfect won’t sit in on the meeting, but will bring them at 3pm and introduce you etc.

I will send the names of the two people meeting with you for security when I have them later today.

best

Rob

On June 7 2016, at 18:14 PM, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Great. It will likely be Paul Manafort (campaign boss) my brother in law and me, 725 Fifth Ave 25th floor.

Sent from my iPhone

On June 8 2016, at 10:34 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

Good morning

Would it be possible to move tomorrow meeting to 4pm as the Russian attorney is in court until 3 i was just informed.

Best

Rob

On June 8 2016, at 11:15 AM, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Yes Rob I could do that unless they wanted to do 3 today instead… just let me know and ill lock it in either way.

d

On June 8 2016, at 11:18 PM, Rob Goldstone wrote:

They can’t do today as she hasn’t landed yet from Moscow 4pm is great tomorrow.

Best

Rob

On June 8 2016, at 12:03 PM, Donald Trump Jr. wrote:

Meeting got moved to 4 tomorrow at my offices.

Best,

Don

On July 11 2017, at 12:03 PM, Donald Trump Jr. tweets:

“To everyone, in order to be totally transparent, I am releasing the entire email chain of my emails with Rob Goldstone about the meeting on June 9, 2016. The first email on June 3, 2016 was from Rob, who was relating a request from Emin, a person I knew from the 2013 Ms. Universe Pageant near Moscow. Emin and his father have a very highly respected company in Moscow. The information they suggested they had about Hillary Clinton I thought was Political Opposition Research. I first wanted to just have a phone call but when that didn’t work out, they said the woman would be in New York and asked if I would meet. I decided to take the meeting. The woman, as she has said publicly, was not a government official. And, as we have said, she had no information to provide and wanted to talk about adoption policy and the Magnitsky Act. To put this in context, this occurred before the current Russian fever was in vogue. As Rob Goldstone said just today in the press, the entire meeting was “the most inane nonsense l ever heard. And I was actually agitated by it.”

Trump Jr. has repeatedly pushed back on allegations of collusion.

In August 2017 when talking about Russian collusion, Trump Jr told CNN’s Jake Tapper “This just goes to show you their exact moral compass. I mean, they will say anything to be able to win this. It’s disgusting. It’s so phony.”

Donald Trump jr quote - This just goes to show you their exact moral compass. I mean, they will say anything to be able to win this. It's disgusting. It's so phony. Cairicature APT

Trump Jr. tweeted that he was releasing the emails to be “totally transparent,” but his release came moments before The New York Times published the content of the emails.

White House Admits Trump ‘Weighed In’ on Don Jr.’s Misleading Statement 2017/08/01

The White House has confirmed Donald Trump played a role in drafting a misleading statement about his son’s meeting with Russian lawyer, Natalia Veselnitskaya.

On Tuesday, the press secretary, Sarah Huckabee Sanders, contradicted Trump’s attorney, Jay Sekulow, who had previously said the president had had no involvement.

On NBC’s “Meet the Press” on July 16, Chuck Todd asked Jay Sekulow:

Did the president get a heads-up on the statement? Did he sign off on the statement? Was he asked to read the statement before it was given to the New York Times on Air Force One?”

Jay Sekulow responded:

“No, I mean, I can’t say whether the president was told the statement was going to be coming from his son on that. I didn’t have that conversation and let me say this — but I do want to be clear — that the president was not involved in the drafting of the statement and did not issue the statement. It came from Donald Trump Jr. So that’s what I can tell you because that’s what we know. And Donald Trump Jr. has said the same thing. That it was, in fact, from him and I believe it was his lawyer was in consultation — I’m sure his lawyer was in consultation.”

Donald Trump's Lawyer Jay Sekulow statement to NBC - the president was not involved in the drafting of the statement and did not issue the statement. Donald Trump caricature APT

On August 1, Huckabee Sanders said about Trump:

“certainly didn’t dictate, but … he weighed in, offered a suggestion like any father would do.”

Sarah Huckerbee Saunders press briefing on 1st august - certainly didnt dictate, but he weighed in, offered a suggestion like any father would do. Donald Trump caricature APT

“The statement that was issued was true and there were no inaccuracies in the statement,” Sanders said, even though emails later released by Donald Trump Jnr. showed that the subject of the meeting was to be potentially incriminating information about Hillary Clinton.

Donald Trump Jnr issues prepared remarks and appears in front of the Senate Intelligence committee 2017/09/07

Donald Trump Jnr gave his latest explanation for the meeting in a statement to the Senate Intelligence Committee, whose staffers questioned him from behind closed doors today for more than five hours.

When contacted by music producer Rob Goldstone asking if he was interested in meeting with the lawyer and getting the incriminating evidence, Trump Jnr. had emailed back “if it’s what you say I love it especially later in the summer.” In his statement to the committee first obtained by the New York Times, Trump Jnr says that’s just his way of talking.

“To the extent they had information concerning the fitness, character, or qualifications of a presidential candidate, I believed that I should at least hear them out,” Trump Jnr told the Senate Intelligence Committee of the Trump Tower meeting. “Depending on what, if any, information they had, I could then consult with counsel to make an informed decision as to whether to give it further consideration.”

Donald Trump Jnr statement to Senate intelligence Committee. Donald trump Jnr caricature APT

Donald Trump Jnr then made the following statement later in the day:

“I answered every question posed by the committee related to this topic as well as all of their questions on other topics, until both sides had exhausted their lines of questioning. I trust this interview fully satisfied their inquiry.”

Senator Richard Blumenthal, a Connecticut Democrat, attended part of the interview and said it was “cordial”. He would not discuss details but said there were “a lot of areas that need to be pursued for more information”. Trump Jnr mostly spoke for himself, Blumenthal said, instead of his lawyers speaking for him.